Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hot Pink Toenails, Service, and Memories

I have hot pink toenails. They make me smile every time I see them.

Today I went to the Mission Training Center to volunteer with my grandfather (he's there every Wednesday). I didn't really know what I was going to be doing before I got there, sat in on a few of the "counseling/prayer" sessions, and finally found my place behind the scenes packing up bags of food for people who came in. Sometimes I wish I was more comfortable with the evangelism side of things, but I know my gift is service, not necessarily interacting with the people out on the front lines. It was a really fun day, I was the youngest person volunteering by-ahem-several years, but I really enjoyed it and hopefully will get to go back at least the next few weeks before I start working switchboard.

May 21,2005...wow I still miss him like crazy. Ridiculous, no?

I'm auditioning for the church orchestra tonight, so I can hopefully play with them this summer. Wish me luck!

No comments: