Thursday, May 15, 2008

Nostalgic much?

First of all, I'm no longer going to Honduras. Sadness, I know. There's lots of political unrest and protests going on there right now because the government is apparently refusing to address some pretty important issues with water and hunger and other basic needs of their people. So be in prayer for the people of Honduras, as well as their leaders, that they would turn to God and realize the needs of their people and how best to meet those needs. That was, needless to say, a pretty crazy shift in my plans-from planning to be out of the country for the next 2 weeks to now being home-and really having nothing to do! I'm hoping to be able to start working early, so we'll see.

Today I am-still-unpacking all of my stuff from the dorm. And if I'm being completely honest, I didn't get much at all unpacked today. But I did take the time to go through my bookshelves, since I recently realized that The Baby-Sitter's Club and Amber Brown is Not a Crayon are not exactly my reading material of choice any longer. So today I went through them all, and made a list of some of the books I had. Y'all, I own over 100 books from that series. And while going through them I realized that I have read most of the ones that I don't own-because I would say, "I know I own that book!" but, alas, it was not among my collection. It was fun to reminsce and think about the good old days-and yes, I'm pretty sure that saying that makes me officially old. It's okay. Really. I'm over it.

I also watched Dreamgirls last night (courtesy of Netflix), and it was really good! I mean, it was a musical, so it automatically got brownie points with me. (I mean, who wouldn't want to live in a world where people randomly burst into song and perfectly-choreographed dancing at the drop of a hat? Paradise, I'm convinced.) But the story was engrossing and I really enjoyed it-enough to stay up reaaaaalllly late to finish! I'm creating a really bad habit of staying up well past midnight and then sleeping until at least 10. I realize that's typical of teenagers, but it isn't going to fly once I start work and actually have to act like a responsible adult! Oh well. I'll make it happen. Anyways, I really loved the movie-5 stars from Jennifer! And I downloaded the soundtrack this afternoon---Mmmmm. Those girls (and guys) can sayng! Pretty fun. So that was my day. Too thrilling, I know. I'm going to go check on my Crock-Pot Creation (Yes, Jennifer is cooking people. Be amazed.)

No comments: