Friday, January 14, 2011

Day Three: Friends

The challenge for Day 3 is a picture of my friends and me. Forgive me if I need to choose more than just one.

First comes my oldest friend. I can't even tell you when I met Rebecca, really. All I know is that she has been there from my earliest memory, and I am so thankful for the encouragement she has been in my life!

See? I'm talking OLD friends!


Growing up...

...into beautiful young ladies, if I do say so myself.

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words." -Unknown

Then of course, there are the friends I've made here at Baylor, who have brought so much joy into my life these past few years. I honestly don't know what I am going to do when we graduate and I have to learn how to live life away from them.


A really early picture of all of us...I think this was sophomore year. Lindsay, me, Kim, Rachel, Amber, Valori

"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one."-C.S. Lewis


Christmas 2009. Clockwise from top left: Valori, Me, Lindsay, Rachel, Kim

"Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose." -Tennessee Williams




We laugh a lot, too. Blue Bell Creamery, April 2010.

I'm so thankful for the friends God has put in my life. Whether I've known them my whole life or only a few years, they encourage me and act like family when I'm far from my real family. I'm not sure what I did to deserve them, but I'm not asking!

"Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls
and has no one to help him up!"
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

"I'm so thankful for the friends God has put in my life." Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!! =)

Unknown said...

I love that verse from Eccl. I fear I don't have that, but I still love it. I love your blog. I'm so proud of you and all you are accomplishing. You deserve every blessing.