Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day Five: Somewhere I've Been.

I love to travel. For someone who is only 21 years old (at least until tomorrow...ahh!), I like to think I've seen a fair amount of the world, whether through mission trips or traveling with family. Here's a list of the places I've been:

USA:
Birmingham, AL
Los Angeles and surrounding areas, CA
Orlando, FL (and other parts of the state, but I was very little)
Atlanta, GA
Chicago, IL
Louisville, KY
New Orleans, LA
Random parts of NW Louisiana
Vicksburg, MS
New York, NY
Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill, NC
Charlotte, NC
Winston-Salem, NC
Greensboro, NC
Outer Banks, NC
Asheville, NC
Guthrie, OK
Nashville, TN
Austin, TX
Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Houston, TX
San Antonio, TX
Waco, TX
Lots of other places in TX, because-DUH-it's the greatest state EVER!

International:
Cozumel, Mexico
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Managua, Leon, and Santa Maria, Nicaragua
Manila, Iloilo, and Boracay, Philippines
Barbados
Dominica
Aruba
Jamaica
Cayman Islands
London, England
Paris, France
Milan, La Spezia, Fezzano, Cremona, Florence, Pisa, Rome, Aviano, and Venice, Italy

See? Not so bad. Now for what the prompt actually said-a PICTURE! I chose a picture from Italy, because it is the place I traveled to most recently (well, not counting North Carolina), and it is the place I have spent the most time internationally (almost 9 weeks this summer).
















These two pictures are of Fezzano, the village/town/"comune" where my Italian family actually lived most of the time. It is so much more beautiful than even these pictures can show. When I first got there, I literally felt like I had traveled back in time because of the narrow stone alleyways and old houses right along the water. It's beautiful. So that is one of the places where I have been! I hope to always be traveling and learning more about other parts of the world. What a blessing to have the means to do so.

No comments: